Now, on to the pictures and catching up. Well, New Years is an awesome time of year for us. We get to celebrate the beginning to a new year, celebrate Nana Joyce's birthday (New Years Day) and celebrate Madelyn's birthday on the 5th. This year, we were overjoyed to also celebrate Miss Abby Austin's 3rd birthday and Madelyn's 2nd birthday together. Abby is the daughter of my cousins Brad and Rebecca. For years we have had family join us for New Years in Atlanta. It's an open invite to our Charlotte fam. From about Thanksgiving on the excitement begins building on our end...waiting to see just who will be able to make the trip and join in the fun. Since Madelyn's and Abby's birthdays are 2 days apart, we talked early on about incorporating a birthday party in to the weekend, and that's just what we did. We rang in the New Year (and Nana's birthday) with style - seriously, I will to figure out how to add video because no one should miss my Uncle's and father's dance to the Black Eyed Pea's performance. Most of the night was spent breaking in the Clifford's new Wii - a sight in and of itself. We took the fam to the GA Aquarium - it was great, but the little kid in me was really bummed the Beluga Whales weren't there. The birthday party was a blast! We had kids all over the place - just a joyful time all together.
Abby's Elmo Cake!
Katelyn, Madelyn, and Abby taking a bath!
Preston pushing Madelyn now - he's such a BIG BOY!
Diaper Babies!
February - well, I'm just going to say it. This month sucked for me. I know that's not so nice...but it's truly how I felt. I know God has a plan in everything that he does...but when things are happening in ways I can't understand...it's hard to cope. Long story short...my company downsized...a dear friend of mine was laid off, and I am now part-time. Yes, there are blessings in this scenario - I am MORE THAN THRILLED to spend the time with my kiddos!! The entire process was tough though. I am so blessed that locally I work with truly good people - caring, honest, and selfless people. Beyond my personal work stuff, Dad's tradeshow in Fort Worth (Western Apparel & Tack Texas) was the weekend of Valentines. For many reasons we made the decision a few months back that Madelyn, Preston, and I would stay back here in Atlanta versus making the trip to Texas. This was going to be tough - it's the first time Mike's been away from me and kids for more than a night or two. I know many of you do this all the time...your lessons learned are welcomed here! We survived the first 3 days...but Friday rolled around and Madelyn just wasn't herself. She woke up from her nap with a 104.7 fever! Yikes!!! Well, normally we'd be off to the pediatrician's office - right? Ummm...not so fast...there's an inch of SNOW on the ground, and it's still coming down! GREAT! My neighbor (whom has been inside our home maybe once) was kind enough to come sit with Preston while Madelyn and I went to Urgent Care. Two hours later, we returned - double ear infections and antibiotic in hand. Without boring you with the events of the next 48 hours, I'll just quickly list:
1. Madelyn - ear infections=antibiotics, fever meds every 4 hours, sleepless nights, grumpy, 2 year old temper tantrums due to exhaustion, tired, refusal to take meds, etc..
2. Mom - tired (see Madelyn), low grade fever that over 48hrs rises to 102.5, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, etc....Urgent Care trip #2=FLU!
3. Preston - perfect angel through it all!!!
4. Mike - flies home early to take care of us = Daddy of the year nomination!
Whew! We did wrap up the month on a good note. We traded in our Honda Pilot for a new 4-Runner; got more than we owed on the trade-in, got an unbelievable deal on the 4-runner, and lowered our monthly payments - SWEET!!!
Madelyn is always showing off at the dinner table
Happy, Happy Preston!
Feb 13th snow! This is the view from the back of our house.
March - well, let's see...last Monday we built snowmen....this Monday we played in the sandbox in flip flops (and Mom was secretly hoping to catch a few rays for her pale skin). So far, so good! Dad's Atlanta show was GREAT! Aunts and Uncle came for a visit (and to help with the show). Learned that my cousin is having twin BOYS (sweet boys in addition to their two beautiful girls). I'm planning play dates to fill my days with the kids. Oh, and we're in the 2 month countdown to our trip to Hilton Head Island in May with the Daniels!!
March snow - this time Madelyn had a blast since she was all healthy!
No, we did NOT throw a snowball in her face...she did this all by herself!
Learning how to make snow angels
Our snowman
Daddy feeding her snow!
Mommy and Preston
Daddy and Preston
Preston what such a trooper for all the pictures!
My goal is to try to blog once a week...we'll see if that happens...but you better check back soon so you don't miss anything!



1 comment:
I really enjoy your writing! Great job! (check the caption on Preston's last pic)
Seriously, I found it informative and fun even though I was there for lots of it! Good stuff BLS
Post a Comment